Recognizing Healthcare Workers: This Month And All Year Long
Caring for people is a never-ending commitment. Illness and accidents never take a day off, they don’t recognize national holidays or weekends, they occur around the clock, and they affect everyone at some time or another.Be the first to comment! Read more...
As the temperature rises and the days grow longer, people spend more time outdoors. The pool, the beach, the backyard — these are all great places to be on a sunny day. Read more..
Taylor Roberts was a 20-year-old college sophomore when her life was changed in the twisted metal of a devastating car crash. Three miles from her family’s home, the Virginia Commonwealth University student was hit by a man who ran a stop sign. He plowed into her car, which flipped before crashing head-on into a telephone pole. Read more..
Not many people work in a profession that requires them to dedicate their lives to helping others like the field of healthcare does. Because May is "National Healthcare Recognition Month", we have challenged healthcare professionals to sum up in a few words the impact their profession has on them and how important it is for their community. Read more..
Polly Smith has a career that many of us would envy. She is a judge at the most prestigious dog shows in the world, including the Westminster Kennel Club show in Madison Square Garden, NY. In her younger years, she showed horses. Later, she and her husband started breeding and showing Welsh Terriers, then Chow Chows. Read more..
Local Health Updates
- Retreat Doctors’ Hospital Expands Services with Opening of Center for Emotional Growth
- Retreat Doctors’ to Hold Grand Opening Event for Center for Emotional Growth
- Virginia Breast Cancer Foundation is moving!
- In Greater Richmond Area, Bon Secours is the Only Health System Offering Artificial Heart Valve Clinical Trial for Low-Risk Aortic Stenosis Patients
- Assisted Living Program to Offer Fall Classes
- John Randolph Medical Center Announces Opening of its New TriCities Emergency Center