BREAKING THE SILENCE: BIPOLAR DISORDER
This series explores diseases that can be devastating to the individuals and families they affect—yet no one is talking about them. That is, until now. In each edition of Our Health, we bring these medical issues into the light—and dedicate these stories to the courageous patients and families living with them and the providers and researchers who commit their lives to treating and seeking cures for these silent killers.Be the first to comment! Read more...
Even though summer is still in full swing, school will be back in session before we know it. Getting a head start on preparing kids for the new school year is always a smart idea, especially when it comes to their health. Read more..
Getting on the road to good health often is easier than staying on it. Many people today have or are at risk of developing common chronic conditions, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, or heart disease. Oftentimes, those health concerns prompt them to visit a primary care physician. Read more..
We’re pretty much a sports-crazy nation. Many children are starting to play sports at a younger age than in the past, and we are ever more serious about our athletic endeavors. But our want to win can sometimes push us past our limits making injuries more and more common. Read more..
In 2016, our New Kitchen, New Nutrition, New You series puts the focus on helping you get healthier in the kitchen — one ingredient at a time. Each edition of OurHealth will highlight small changes you can make in your food prep and shopping habits that can add up to a major positive impact on your nutrition and health. Read more..
June is Men’s Health Month. But it’s not the only month men should do their health justice. Despite popular opinion, men need to take care of themselves. Read more..
Local Health Updates
- Henrico Doctors’ Hospital’s Virginia Transplant Center to Participate in National Kidney Registry’s New Advanced Donation Program
- HCA Virginia Appoints New Chief Operating Officer for Chippenham Hospital
- Virginia Care Partners Signs Agreement with Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- PROGRAMS BRING INNOVATION TO PALLIATIVE AND END-OF-LIFE CARE
- HCA Virginia Names New Chief Nursing Officer for Chippenham Hospital
- HCA Virginia Names New Chief Operating Officer for Parham Doctors’ Hospital