New Robotic Device Allows Wheelchair-Bound Patients to Stand Up and Walk
Taylor Roberts was a 20-year-old college sophomore when her life was changed in the twisted metal of a devastating car crash. Three miles from her family’s home, the Virginia Commonwealth University student was hit by a man who ran a stop sign. He plowed into her car, which flipped before crashing head-on into a telephone pole.Be the first to comment! Read more...
Physical therapists help people of all ages and abilities reduce pain, improve or restore mobility, and stay active and fit throughout life. Read more..
Vivian Beasley, 75, of Powhatan couldn’t tell you how long exactly she has had Alzheimer’s. After all, she has no shame in admitting that these days, she can’t “remember much of anything.” Read more..
Expectant moms, take note. While you are tested for a number of things during your pregnancy, from iron deficiency to gestational diabetes, one of the most important tests comes towards the end of your 40 weeks. Read more..
Here are first impressions of three healthy restaurants in the Greater Richmond Area. Read more..
There are many reasons why we tend to slow down and become more sedentary with age. It may be due to health problems, weight or pain issues, or worries about falling. Read more..
Local Health Updates
- HCA Virginia Hospitals Recognized by U.S. News & World Report
- Johnston-Willis Hospital Adds Robotics Mazor X Technology
- Dominion Women’s Health Opens Medical Spa in Short Pump
- HCA Virginia Names New Chief Nursing Officer for Johnston-Willis Hospital
- UVA, Bon Secours to Collaborate on Liver Transplant Care
- Bon Secours St. Francis Medical Center Now Offers Advanced Robotic-Arm Assisted Joint Replacement Procedures